|Bulky Yarn Baby Hat|
It's also great for using up some of that soft, bulky yarn that many of us have laying around.
Hope you enjoy!
Bulky Yarn Baby Hat
By Erica Knudson
This pattern is a simple hat for babies 6-12 months and can be made for a boy or girl. It is crocheted in the round.
Materials used: Size K hook, bulky weight yarn (3.5 oz skein is more than enough), and stitch markers. Optional: buttons, sewing needle and thread.
Start with an adjustable ring.
1. Hdc 8 into loop. – 8
Place st marker and move up with each round.
2. (2hdc) in each st across – 16
3. (2hdc in next st, hdc in next st) repeat around – 24
4. (2hdc in next st, hdc in next 2 sts) repeat around – 32
5. (2hdc in next st, hdc in next 3 sts) repeat around – 40
6. (2hdc in next st, hdc in next 4 sts) repeat around – 48
7. Hdc around – 48
8. Hdc around (Same as Row 7) – 48
9. Hdc around (Same as Row 7) – 48
10. Hdc around (Same as Row 7) – 48
11. Hdc around (Same as Row 7) – 48
12. In front loops only, sc around – 48
Place st marker at stitch 24, halfway across the hat. The two stitch markers you now have in place will mark each end of the “brim”.
13. In both loops, 4 sc, 2 hdc, 12 dc, 2 hdc, 4 sc
14. Accent: Sl st in next st, ch 1, turn (so that the “right side” or outside of the hat is facing you and the top of the hat is downward), sc across loops that were left from row 12 (when you worked in the front loops only) which is about 24 sts across), ch 1, sl st to edge of hat to make it look like the other side.
15. Fasten off and eave in ends.
16. Optional: Attach buttons using sewing needle and thread.
ch = chain
hdc = half double crochet
sl st = slip stitch
st = stitch
sc = single crochet
**Please do not sell this pattern.